- To get the latest up-to-the-minute news from Medfield High School, you can now follow Principal Robert Parga's updates on Twitter @MedfieldHS.
- Buy your dinner at the Italian Groceria on Tuesday, December 3 between 5:00 and 8:00 PM and a portion of your purchase will benefit the MHS Girls Varsity Ice Hockey team.
- The Medfield High School Parent Teacher Organization meeting scheduled for Wednesday, December 4 has been CANCELLED!
- The Medfield Music Association has changed its next meeting date to Wednesday, December 4 in the MHS Music Room. The meeting starts at 7:00 PM and will feature information on the new Scrip money-saving initiative for the MHS music trip to Toronto.
- Spaghetti with Santa tickets are now on sale at Park Street Books and donations of raffle items and baked goods are needed. If you can donate to either, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com. The event is Wednesday, December 11 and will feature a special item up for grabs: 4 tickets to Boston Ballet's Cinderella and a backstage tour.
- The Class of 2014 is sponsoring a Winter Dance on Friday, December 6 from 7:00 to 10:00 PM in the high school gym. Tickets are $15.00 each and will be sold at lunches through TUESDAY, December 3. This dance is open to juniors and seniors only.
- Come join us for the inaugural Miss Amazing Pageant this Saturday, December 7th, from 6:00 -8:00 PM at the Blake Middle School auditorium. Doors open at 5:45 PM. Let us celebrate, together, the abilities of girls and women with disabilities. For more information check out the website at http://missamazingpageant.com. Tickets ($10) are available online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/massachusetts-miss-amazing-pageant-tickets-9389493227%20or you can purchase tickets at the door (if available). Purchase your tickets online now so you are guaranteed a seat!
- Register for the 2013 Medfield Foundation Angel Run! This 5K (3.2mile) "fun run/walk" will take place on the afternoon of Sunday, December 8th. Come join this annual festive event that has become a Medfield tradition. Go to Medfieldfoundation.org to register to run/walk or volunteer. Proceeds from the Medfield Foundation Angel Run will benefit services for Medfield families in need.
- LOOKING AHEAD:
- The MHS music department invites you to a WINTER CONCERT on Tuesday, December 10th at 7:00 PM featuring the talented musicians of our string orchestra, concert band and concert choir. This is a free event open to all.
- Thursday, December 12th is a Teacher Professional Day. MHS students will have an early dismissal time of 11:10 AM.
- The MHS National Honor Society is holding a giftwrapping day for parents on Saturday, December 14th. Parents can drop off gifts in the MHS main office on Friday, December 13th or on Saturday from 9:30 AM-1:00 PM. The final pick-up for wrapped gifts will be at 1:30 PM. All wrapping supplies will be provided and this is a completely FREE service for parents.
- FROM THE MCPE:
- Please consider making MCPE part of your family's annual charity gift giving. The Medfield Coalition is so grateful to its supporters for their past contributions. As a non-profit fundraising organization, we work hard to raise funds to support enriching programs for our Medfield schools and for our children. As we approach the end of 2013, we ask that you consider making MCPE part of your family's annual charity gift giving. Please visit http://www.medfieldcoalition.org/support-contribute/donate-now/ to make your year-end tax-deductible donation and to learn more about our events and the recent grants we've awarded. Thank you for making the success of our schools a community effort!
- Do you want to recognize excellence and outstanding service in our Medfield Schools? The MCPE's Blue Ribbon Program recognizes teachers and school staff for making a difference in a student's life. It is an easy and thoughtful way to recognize the efforts of a member of our school community during the holiday period or at the end of the school year. For more information, simply go on line to www.MedfieldCoalition.org. Select Events and Programs and then select the tab for the Blue Ribbon Program.
- The MCPE Spring Fling, a fundraising gala to benefit the Medfield Public Schools, is scheduled for Friday, May 2nd at the Spring Valley Country Club in Sharon, Mass. All Medfield residents are invited to participate in an exciting auction and enjoy an evening of friendship, dancing and refreshments while supporting our schools. The Spring Fling requires a significant amount of planning to make this a successful event. Volunteers are needed for many roles, big and small. For those interested in helping with the Spring Fling, please visit the MCPE website: www.MedfieldCoalition.org or email SpringFling@MedfieldCoalition.org for more information.
- NOTE: To include information on the Medfield High School Weekly Newsflash, email notices (as an email attachment) to MJ Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 AM on Monday mornings.