Welcome to the Wellness Department
The wellness curriculum provides students with the opportunity for optimum development of their physical, mental, and social well being. Learning experiences will promote resiliency, positive attitudes and behaviors that enhance the quality of life and maximize personal potential. Health activities will provide students with the knowledge to think critically, communicate effectively, make good decisions and act responsibly. Through physical activities - both recreational and competitive - we will strive to increase levels of physical fitness. Medfield High School's philosophy promotes physical activity as part of a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle.
- Students will learn current concepts of health promotion, disease prevention, and risk assessment in relationship to lifelong growth and development.
- Students will develop individual competence and versatility in movement skills, movement concepts, and relationship of physical activity to lifelong health.
- Students will analyze the impact of social, cultural, economic, and environmental factors on health.
- Students will identify, use and evaluate health information and resources.
- Students will assess health beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors in order to set achievable goals, monitor progress, and evaluate outcomes.
- Students will develop and demonstrate the ability to assess risk, consider potential consequences, and make health-enhancing decisions.
- Students will learn to manage resources and practice behaviors that protect and enhance their physical, intellectual, emotional, and social health.
- Students will receive health information that is presented clearly and accurately.
- Students will learn about healthy collaborations for safe and supportive social environments.