Welcome to the Visual Arts Department
The intent of the Visual Arts Department is to develop observational awareness, conceptual thinking, technical skill, and aesthetic sensibility. The Visual Arts curriculum promotes creative problem solving through artistic process and personal expression. Evaluative assessments of artwork demonstrate formal compositional elements to encourage in-depth understanding and appreciation.
- Students will observe, interpret, and record visual perceptions.
- Students will solve problems by engaging memory and imagination in their work.
- Students will develop technical mastery in a variety of media.
- Students will evaluate and critique art in an appropriate visual arts vocabulary.
- Students will gain an understanding and appreciation of the role of artists throughout history.