Welcome to the Science Department
Today’s society is constantly and rapidly changing. One of the primary reasons is the influence of expanding knowledge of science and technology. The role of science education in today’s society is twofold. First, our educational program must provide the reservoir of scientists and technicians that our society requires and, second, it must produce a scientifically literate public, which is able to make rational decisions on issues of a scientific nature. The science curriculum attempts to meet the objectives of science education by providing courses of varying difficulty in each subject area. Each student will, through the courses offered, be able to meet the requirements of his own educational objectives and, at the same time, prepare for meaningful participation in our society.
- Students will understand how to collect, evaluate and present scientific data properly.
- Students will develop analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Students will learn to apply knowledge and skills to novel situations.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of scientific principles and methods through laboratory experiments.
- Students will gain background knowledge useful for a career in science and for making meaningful decisions in our society.