Welcome to the Business & Technology Department
Business Education Philosophy:
Business Education deals with relationships, methods, attitudes and knowledge necessary for the individual student to understand the world of business and adjust successfully to it. The program hopes to provide the student with marketable skills that will help them to succeed in business and in life.
Business Education Objectives
- Students will learn about several business areas that provide lifelong consumer needs.
- Students will learn basic business principles in preparation for study at the collegiate level.
Technology Education Philosophy:
As information managers of the 21st century, our students will need to be able to think critically, solve problems, make informed decisions, and form value judgments. Basic life skills include the ability to work cooperatiively, to communicate effectively, and to use technology competently. Students will collaborate to produce projects and assignments utilizing interactive multimedia resources and curriculum related software. As members of an international global community, students will communicate with their peers via telecommunications, vedeo, and computer technology. The study of computer programming, as a science and an art, demands clear and logical thinking. Expansion of computers into business and personal use demands proficiency.
Technology Education Objectives:
- Students will become proficient in the use of integrated software applications.
- Through the study of computer programming, students will develop an understanding of the powers of deductive reasoning, logic problem solving, and an appreciation for the subsequent generation of applications.
- Students will use multimedia technology to design and create projects.
- Students will utilize computer courseware that implements and enhances the curriculum.
- Students, as information managers of the 21st century, will utilize the converging technologies of computer, telecommunications, and video and other interactive multimedia.
- Students will experience the fun, the opportunity for enrichment, and the potential for creative expression which technology provides.
- Students will learn the legal and ethical parameters of using technology.
- Students will acquire skill in performance and knowledge of theoretical principals of specific technologies through participation in significant learning experiences.
- Students will use problem-solving abilities relative to material, processes and products used in a technological society.
Course Placement - All courses are taught at the College level.
Last Updated (Friday, 01 March 2013 11:51)