NEWSFLASH HIGHLIGHTS - Week of March 10, 2014
- To get the latest up-to-the-minute news from Medfield High School, you can now follow Principal Robert Parga's updates on Twitter @MedfieldHS.
- Congratulations and a standing "O" to the very talented musicians, actors, singers, dancers and stage crew who presented three fabulous and funny performances of the musical, "Thoroughly Modern Millie" this weekend at MHS.
- MHS Athletics Update:
- Best of luck to Sean and Ian Robertson as they head to the Armory in New York City to compete in the New Balance Indoor Nationals on March 15!
- Congratulations to our MHS Boys Hockey team for their victory against Canton this past Sunday at the Gallo Arena in Bourne. The team will now move on to the state championship final to be played next Sunday, March 16 at the TD Bank Garden in Boston. The opponent they will face and the game time are TBA. Stay tuned and "GO WARRIORS!"
- Congratulations also go out to our Lady Warriors Basketball team who lost during overtime this past Saturday to Nashoba HS in a heartbreaker of a game. We are so proud of our players and their coaches for all their hard work and their winning spirit. We thank them for a great season and salute their phenomenal success as they finish with an incredible 22-3 record!
- Come to the Big Blue vs. Medfield Faculty SMA Charity Basketball Game this Tuesday, March 11th at 6:30 PM in the high school gym. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Tickets are priced at $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. All proceeds will be donated to Families of SMA.
- This Tuesday, March 11th you are invited to the All Night Graduation Party Planning Meeting at 7:00 PM @ 19 Tubwreck Drive. We are fine tuning the details. Come join the excitement!
- This Wednesday, March 12 from 2:00-9:00 PM is the Subway night for the All Night Graduation Party! Help support this fun-filled night of celebration with a delicious dinner from Subway!
- The MHS Student Council is sponsoring a Spring Dance for grade 9 and 10 students on Friday, March 14 from 7:00 – 10:00 PM in the high school gym. Tickets will be sold during lunches this week.
- Medfield High School's Class of 2014 Fashion Show is on Saturday, March15 at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $22.00 each and can be purchased at our website at www.Medfieldfashionshow.weebly.com.
- The Medfield High School Captains Council is sponsoring its first annual MATTRESS FUNDRAISER SALE this Saturday, March 15 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM in the high school gym. You can save 30-60% off retail prices by purchasing at this sale while you support athletics programs, specifically this year the upgrade of the sound system in the gym.
- For the full version of this week's NEWSFLASH, please click on the following link: http://www.medfield.net/mhs/school-information/newsflash.html
- To include information on the Medfield High School Weekly Newsflash, email notices to MJ Ingram at email@example.com no later than 8:00 AM on Monday mornings.
District Calendar for 2014-2015 Approved
The District Calendar for the 2014-15 school year has been approved by the School Committee.
Medfield High School named to 2013 AP Honor Roll
Medfield Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Jeffrey Marsden, recently announced that Medfield High School has been named to the College Board's 2013 AP District Honor Roll. MHS becomes one of only 477 schools in the US and Canada to be designated for this distinction; one of only 33 in Massachusetts. The complete version of the November 6, 2013 press release from the Massachusetts Dept. of Elementary & Secondary Education regarding this achievement is posted below
District Calendar for 2013-14 Approved
The District Calendar for the 2013-14 school year has been approved by the School Committee.
When school is closed, delayed or dismissed early, the new Blackboard-Connect Notification System will send a call to each household land line and parent cell phone number currently on file. In addition, the announcement will appear on:
Please see the attached letter from Superintendent Marsden regarding this new method of notification.
Student Absence Reporting:
Office: (508) 359-4367
Nurse: (508) 242-8568
Guidance: (508) 359-2482
Fax: (508) 359-2963
|Tue Mar 11|
|Tue Mar 11, 7:00 PM|
|Wed Mar 12|
BLOCK DAY 7-4-5-6 - ADVISORY
|Wed Mar 12, 1:18 AM|
National Latin Exam - Per. 7
|Thu Mar 13|
BLOCK DAY 2-1-5-3
|Fri Mar 14, 7:00 PM|
Spring Dance (Grs. 9 & 10)
|Sat Mar 15, 7:00 AM|
ANGP Fashion Show
|Sat Mar 15, 10:00 AM|
Mattress Fundraiser Sale
|Sun Mar 16|
Special MCAS Schedule
|Sun Mar 16|
|Mon Mar 17|
Periods 1 - 7
|Mon Mar 17|
Spring Sports Begin
|Mon Mar 17, 7:30 PM|
School Committee Meeting
|Tue Mar 18|
|Tue Mar 18|
MCAS (Pers.1 &3)