NEWSFLASH HIGHLIGHTS - December 9, 2013
- To get the latest up-to-the-minute news from Medfield High School, you can now follow Principal Robert Parga's updates on Twitter @MedfieldHS.
- The MHS music department invites you to a WINTER CONCERT on Tuesday, December 10th at 7:00 PM. This is a free event open to all.
- Term 2 Progress Reports will be posted to Edline between December 11 and 13.
- Help support the 2014 All Night Graduation Party by getting a delicious Subway meal this Wednesday, December 11 from 2:00-9:00 PM. A portion of the sales will go to support this fun-filled night for our Senior Class! Treat yourself during this busy season.
- Thursday, December 12th is a Teacher Professional Day. MHS students will have an early dismissal time of 11:10 AM.
- The MHS National Honor Society is holding a giftwrapping day for parents on Saturday, December 14th. Parents can drop off gifts in the MHS main office on Friday, December 13th or on Saturday from 9:30 AM-1:00 PM. The final pick-up for wrapped gifts will be at 1:30 PM. All wrapping supplies will be provided. This is a completely free service for parents.
- Spaghetti with Santa tickets are now on sale at Park Street Books. This event will take place on Wednesday, December 11.
- For the full version of this week's NEWSFLASH, please click on the following link:
- To include information on the Medfield High School Weekly Newsflash, email notices to MJ Ingram at email@example.com no later than 8:00 AM on Monday mornings.
Medfield High School named to 2013 AP Honor Roll
Medfield Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Jeffrey Marsden, recently announced that Medfield High School has been named to the College Board's 2013 AP District Honor Roll. MHS becomes one of only 477 schools in the US and Canada to be designated for this distinction; one of only 33 in Massachusetts. The complete version of the November 6, 2013 press release from the Massachusetts Dept. of Elementary & Secondary Education regarding this achievement is posted below
District Calendar for 2013-14 Approved
The District Calendar for the 2013-14 school year has been approved by the School Committee.
When school is closed, delayed or dismissed early, the new Blackboard-Connect Notification System will send a call to each household land line and parent cell phone number currently on file. In addition, the announcement will appear on:
Please see the attached letter from Superintendent Marsden regarding this new method of notification.
Student Absence Reporting:
Office: (508) 359-4367
Nurse: (508) 242-8568
Guidance: (508) 359-2482
Fax: (508) 359-2963
|Tue Dec 10|
|Wed Dec 11|
Spaghetti With Santa
|Wed Dec 11|
Term 2 Progress Reports 12/11 -12/13
|Thu Dec 12|
Early Release; No AM Kindergarten; PM Kindergarten attends in AM; Teacher Professional Day
|Thu Dec 12|
SCIENCE OLYMPIAD @ Newton North
|Thu Dec 12, 11:10 AM|
Professional Development Day Early Release
|Sat Dec 14, 8:30 AM|
|Sat Dec 14, 9:00 AM|
NHS Gift Wrapping
|Sun Dec 15|
|Mon Dec 16, 2:20 PM|
|Mon Dec 16, 3:00 PM|
|Mon Dec 16, 7:30 PM|
School Committee Meeting (with Student Advisory Council Presentation)
|Tue Dec 17, 9:18 AM|
Dean of Academics Advisory - Per 3
|Tue Dec 17, 10:06 AM|
Principal's Advisory - Per. 4
|Tue Dec 17, 10:50 AM|
Dean of Students Advisory