Our early childhood program emphasizes high quality, developmentally appropriate activities that are research based and promotes success in children with all different learning styles. Self-help skills, social and language skills, fine and gross motor activities and concrete readiness activities are all addressed using multisensory materials that entice all children to learn and grow. Through playful interaction with objects and people, the children learn about the physical and social world in which they live. Music and art, dramatic play, books, science, math. cooking, creative movement, playground, puzzles, games and neighborhood field trips are all part of our active program.
Our language-based program includes monthly themes that address emerging literacy skills in reading and writing, mathematical and scientific reasoning, visual arts, oral language, social skills, movement and music. Different levels of ability, development, and learning styles are expected and accepted and will be used to design appropriate activities according to each child’s individual needs.
All children have different levels of ability, development and learning styles which are expected and accepted.
To see more about our day, please visit our blog.
Preschool Registration Process:
Please note that online pre-registration for new students is open from January 21, 2019 to February 1, 2019.
The lottery for new preschool students will be held on February 4, 2019 and parents will be notified within two days of the drawing if your child has been selected. If your child is selected a deposit of one month’s tuition and new student paperwork is due at our Walk-In Registration which will be held at the Memorial School on Friday, February 8, 2019 from 9:00 am -12:00 pm.
The following mandatory documents are required to register your new Preschool student:
- Registration Packet - click here to view, download and print
- Copy of Student's Birth Certificate - The birth certificate must have a registrar's seal which will be proof that the birth certificate is a government issued, certified document. A hospital birth record will not be accepted.
- Proof of Residency (including Parent Picture ID)
- Guardian/Custody Paperwork (if applicable)
- Current Physical Exam & Immunizations (within last year)
- Preschool Deposit Form and Deposit
- A Deposit of one month’s tuition must be included with the new student registration paperwork
- Please make check payable to the Town of Medfield with "child's name and Preschool" in the memo section.
For additional information, please contact: