I wanted to follow-up on the email I sent on 8/20/2018 and provide more detailed information about School Dismissal Manager. Using School Dismissal Manager with your desktop or smartphone browser, you can quickly and easily update instructions when your child's dismissal needs to be changed. School Dismissal Manager notifies the school of your updates so that, effective immediately, it is no longer necessary for you to phone the school, send notes, or send an email to inform the school of dismissal changes. School Dismissal Manager will provide us with a more organized and efficient tracking system for afternoon dismissals.
The easy-to-use mobile and desktop interface will allow you to make these changes in advance or for the current day. You can even schedule recurring dismissal instructions for after-school activities such as scouting, enrichment programs, or sports practices on the desktop version. Free apps are also available for Android and iPhone users.
We have already assigned your child a ''default'' dismissal which is their routine dismissal (3 or more days a week) and is based on the information we currently have (e.g. Bus #, MAP).
Once you login, please check your child's default transportation and make sure it is listed correctly. If not, click on ''Parent Preferences and Student Default'' in the top menu and change your child's default dismissal instruction within the settings.
When creating an exception for the current day, please note that changes must be entered before the cut-off time. The cut-off time is 1:30 PM on regular days and 10:30 AM on early release days. After the cut-off time, you will need to call the school office to make any changes for the current day. Examples of exceptions include: walker, pickup, bus stop change (indicate desired bus stop in the dismissal notes field for that day), MAP, Kidsborough, Intramurals, Girl Scouts, and after school help.
School Dismissal Manager also allows you to report absences, tardies and early dismissals. The absence line (508) 242-8502 may also still be used for reporting absences and tardies. Please note that absences and tardies must be reported by 9:00 AM.
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
- Parents have been issued a username and temporary password at the top of this email. Please use these to login to SDM at www.schooldismissalmanager.com.
- The Parent Login area is found at the top right of the SDM homepage.
- When you login for the first time, you will be required to change your password immediately.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide for Creating Exceptions for details on how to use the system.
- As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the SDM homepage. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
- When you start to receive the email notifications of changes or cancellations that are made for your child, please keep in mind that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.) please call the school directly and talk with someone in the office.
- Do not use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child's ''default'' dismissal.
Each school day, School Dismissal Manager will send a comprehensive dismissal report to the school immediately following the cut-off time, allowing administrators and staff to facilitate a smooth dismissal.
Thank you for using this tool to help us keep the dismissal process safe and orderly for all our students. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.